Everything Must Change – If you have read Brian McLaren’s book, Everything Must Change: Jesus, Global Crises and a Revolution of Hope, and/or attended one of our EMC Conferences, you may desire training for your local church or organization on how to apply these principles to your particular situation. A huge challenge in creating change is knowing how to move from ideas to reality.
Deep Shift offers one- and two-day facilitated training workshops for your local church or organization to get you started with implementing the concepts in Brian’s book. Contact us about these training opportunities or your specific needs for another type of training at firstname.lastname@example.org. The content of the training will include:
· How to move people to greater awareness of the need for change
· How to dialogue about complex issues in ways that are understandable and contextual
· How to begin an organizational strategy for change, including leadership of a change process
· How to implement new behaviors that result in personal and organizational change
Culture Change - In order for Everything to Change, churches and organizations need to learn how to engage their cultures: the culture of the larger world, their local community and organization. Our global culture is undergoing significant, continuous, rapid change. The communities that we live in have a particular culture that we must understand in order to make a positive impact. Our churches and organizations are micro-cultures with powerful dynamics that also must be named and understood in a change process. The Deep Shift team can provide a one- or two-day workshop at your site to begin the process of:
· Understanding the realities and dynamics of organizational and environmental culture
· Anticipating and engaging obstacles to cultural change
· Developing strategies for cultural change
New Church Starts– We offer training and coaching for leaders planting a new faith community/church/faith-based organization or contemplating doing so. The content of the training will include:
· Your theological grounding: Will your theology provide good soil for the growth of a dynamic mission that inspires your organization to bear good fruit in our world?
· Your calling as planter: What are your strengths, weaknesses, calling, story, hopes, power, dreams, fears, and resources?
· Your vision: What seeds of the Spirit will you sow that will thrive in the culture where they are planted?
· Your Lead Gardeners: Who will you invite and develop as core leaders to help you start your church?
· Your Garden: In what plot of land, community, will you plant your garden? What weather conditions, local cultures, will impact your garden?
· Tending Your Garden: What practices will your gardeners regularly have to allow your garden to bear good fruit in our world?
Other Seminars and Training Events:
· Healthy dialogue and communication practices
· Conflict – becoming a team that handles conflict in healthy, productive ways
· Enneagram – How to use this powerful tool for understanding human behavior for team building, spiritual growth and culture creation.
· Staff work – Are you looking for ways to help your staff work in healthier and more effective ways? Our experienced team can facilitate work sessions, conflict situations or team development processes.